Alex Begg currently employ over 100 people in a wide variety of areas, such as Weaving, Mending, Warehouse, Finance, Marketing and Design. We have a great team who have generations of knowledge and experience, they truly are the key to our continued success. Our People live our values:
- Quality: We create products that are best in class. Quality is the foundation for everything we do.
- Passion: We have pride and believe in what we do. We strive to be the best.
- Craftsmanship: We use our insight, knowledge, skills and experience to create our products.
- Integrity: We act fairly, responsibly and with honesty in all that we do.
- Working Together: We build relationships for mutual long term benefit with customers, colleagues, suppliers, our community and our environment.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the attitude and energy that reflects our values. In return we can offer you a fulfilling career with a growing company that you can be proud to work for. Surrounded by a great team, we can share our experiences to develop your skills in premium textiles manufacturing.
Current vacancies are detailed below, to apply, please send a Job Application to firstname.lastname@example.org, unless you are informed otherwise on the advert. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Click here to access the Job Application
Loom Tuners & Other Experienced Textile Operatives
We are always happy to hear from people with experience in textiles who would be interested in finding out more about working with us. If you have strong experience in textiles then please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or call 01292 267 615 and ask to talk to HR
Product & Process Engineer
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. We have a talented team who have generations of knowledge and experience, who are key to our continued success
About the Role
We are currently looking for a positive and enthusiastic Product & Process Engineer who will be a great addition to our team. You will be joining the team on a fixed term basis reporting to the Technical Director.
You will be responsible for reviewing, developing and maintaining robust product and process specifications for the beautiful products we manufacture.
A further key component of the role is managing the costing process to achieve and maintain an accurate ‘digital-twin’.
Key responsibilities include:
- Critically reviewing current practices in conjunction with appropriate technical & operational resource, reflecting resultant changes in process and system documentation.
- Perform selected work study analysis of key operations.
- Analysis of product and process variances, and providing guidance & assistance to department managers in root cause analysis & corrective actions.
- Manage build-up of costing from development through to approved product, accurately reflecting operational activity in product standard cost.
- Ongoing analysis of actual costs against standard, and reflecting necessary adjustment to standard costs.
- For all New Product Developments (NPD), manage cost forecasts & expectations from conception through to completed development.
- Support preparation for the installation of a replacement ERP system.
- Actively communicate with internal teams to ensure appropriate stakeholders are collaboratively involved in activities.
- Work to support safe working environments and practices for self and others.
Essential to this role:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed influencing skills to gain information and ways of working from existing staff in all areas of the operation.
- Critical thinking.
- Numerate, with a strongly developed analytical ability.
- Strong excel/data manipulation skills.
You will enjoy being part of a fun, friendly environment where people enjoy working with each other, while working hard and having the desire to be the best they can be.
If you would like to apply for this position, then please submit a CV and covering letter to HR detailing why you are suitable for this role.
Closing Date: Friday 19 July 2019
Alex Begg a weaver and finisher of high quality cashmere accessories based on the south west coast of Scotland, produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. We have a talented team who have generations of knowledge and experience, who are key to our continued success.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated, well organised Loom Technician/Overlooker who will be a great addition to our team. This is an ideal opportunity for those with the necessary background to join this progressive and highly successful luxury textile manufacturer.
This is a permanent role so will suit someone who is forward thinking and looking for a long-term career at a company that values their employees. We would support relocation for the ideal candidate.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that looms run to efficiency for the fabric style being produced.
- Manage and maintain a share of looms and help where needed if needed on others.
- Set up looms ready for the weaving process.
- Ensure the general maintenance of the looms – in response to breakdowns and in line with the preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain all safety aspects of the looms i.e. all control buttons, safety guards.
- Document any repairs/adjustments carried out to looms on the work carried out/parts on each loom.
- Carry out routine inspections of all looms.
- Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping using 5S methodology is maintained within the weaving area.
Please send your CV, detailing previous experience, together with a covering letter stating why you consider yourself suitable for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 2 August 2019