Alex Begg currently employ over 100 people in a wide variety of areas, such as Weaving, Mending, Warehouse, Finance, Marketing and Design. We have a great team who have generations of knowledge and experience, they truly are the key to our continued success. Our People live our values:
- Quality: We create products that are best in class. Quality is the foundation for everything we do.
- Passion: We have pride and believe in what we do. We strive to be the best.
- Craftsmanship: We use our insight, knowledge, skills and experience to create our products.
- Integrity: We act fairly, responsibly and with honesty in all that we do.
- Working Together: We build relationships for mutual long term benefit with customers, colleagues, suppliers, our community and our environment.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the attitude and energy that reflects our values. In return we can offer you a fulfilling career with a growing company that you can be proud to work for. Surrounded by a great team, we can share our experiences to develop your skills in premium textiles manufacturing.
Current vacancies are detailed below, to apply, please send a Job Application to email@example.com, unless you are informed otherwise on the advert. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Click here to access the Job Application
Loom Tuners & Other Experienced Textile Operatives
We are always happy to hear from people with experience in textiles who would be interested in finding out more about working with us. If you have strong experience in textiles then please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01292 267 615 and ask to talk to HR
In the role of Weaving Manager, you will be responsible for leading the teams to produce woven pieces, efficiently, on time and to the highest level of quality.
Based at our weaving mill in Ayr, you will be responsible for review planning and communicating the weaving plan to ensure maximum loom efficiency. Quality is at the heart of what we do, and our Weaving Manager will ensure the high standards are maintained. Your strong technical weaving background will ensure you can provide sound technical advice as required. Health and safety is a priority at Alex Begg, so you will be responsible for ensuring a safe working environment and practices for all in your team and the wider business.
This role will suit someone who is:
- Proactive, energetic and driven
- Highly organised
- Positive about tackling problems
- Willing to collaborate openly, demonstrating effective communication skills
- Able to influence and build rapport
Our ideal candidate has:
- Significant experience within the textile industry
- Knowledge in drawing, designs, weaving & tuning
- Dornier and jacquard experience
- A strong ability to manage their team
- Lean Practitioner experience
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and covering letter outlining why you are an outstanding candidate for this role to HR.
Relocation to Ayr offered for the successful candidate if required.
Closing Date: Friday 5th October 2018
Begg & Co, a luxury cashmere accessories brand, are seeking a bright and proactive E-Commerce assistant to help in the maintenance of our ecommerce platform. We are looking for someone who is committed to exceeding our customer’s expectations, eager to develop themselves and has an interest in ecommerce.
You will make use of your strong IT skills as well as written and verbal communication skills to support our Ecommerce Team. This position will also help support our brand’s wholesale activity. No two days are ever the same. This is a fantastic position; which for the right candidate could lead to further opportunities.
This is a 6 month Fixed Term Contract.
Duties will include:
- Ecommerce order processing (website and telephone), invoicing and exchange/returns management.
- Handle customer enquiries and queries, ensuring timely and accurate response and provide excellent customer service (emails, live chat and telephone).
- Stock and inventory management
- Website maintenance – changing product images, assist with online visual merchandising and coordinate the uploading of press articles
- Processing purchase orders brand activity
- Ensuring shared folders are organised, coherent and current
- Circulate seasonal images to PRs
- Organise and maintain selling samples
- Help sales executives organise appointments with buyers
- Reorder branded materials
- Support preparation and organisation for trade shows, marking activity and photoshoots as required.
Key Skills required:
- An understanding of E-commerce
- Adaptable and able to function in a small team at fast pace
- Good time-management skills along with the ability to multitask
- Computer literate
- Previous ecommerce experience Customer service and dealing with enquiries related our items, and post-sale customer care (E-commerce messaging Systems/Email/Phone)
- Customer service skills with the desire to become expectational
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – professional telephone manner
- General knowledge relating to IT
- Efficient and organised use of computer folders and filing systems
- A desire to learn and a strong willingness to better your own, and our team’s performance
- Degree qualification
Closing date 26 September 2018