Alex Begg currently employ over 100 people in a wide variety of areas, such as Weaving, Mending, Warehouse, Finance, Marketing and Design. We have a great team who have generations of knowledge and experience, they truly are the key to our continued success. Our People live our values:
- Quality: We create products that are best in class. Quality is the foundation for everything we do.
- Passion: We have pride and believe in what we do. We strive to be the best.
- Craftsmanship: We use our insight, knowledge, skills and experience to create our products.
- Integrity: We act fairly, responsibly and with honesty in all that we do.
- Working Together: We build relationships for mutual long term benefit with customers, colleagues, suppliers, our community and our environment.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the attitude and energy that reflects our values. In return we can offer you a fulfilling career with a growing company that you can be proud to work for. Surrounded by a great team, we can share our experiences to develop your skills in premium textiles manufacturing.
Current vacancies are detailed below, to apply, please send a Job Application to firstname.lastname@example.org, unless you are informed otherwise on the advert. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Click here to access the Job Application
Loom Tuners & Other Experienced Textile Operatives
We are always happy to hear from people with experience in textiles who would be interested in finding out more about working with us. If you have strong experience in textiles then please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or call 01292 267 615 and ask to talk to HR
Purpose and objective of the role
To Lead a team of operators to oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-add activity & deliver quality product, on time to meet customer orders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and executing work orders in your dept to meet customer demand, including shifts, creating and maintaining targets, continually reviewing results to learn and adjust capacity of department.
- Responsible for delivering product which meets customer specifications whilst continually reviewing to reduce non-value add activities throughout.
- Manage the complexity of low volume, high mix product ensuring customer labels and consumables are in house on time to meet customer demand.
- Managing stock & ensuring inventory accuracy is maintained with analysis of information and owning investigations when required.
- Responsible for ensuring safe and secure working environments and practices for department in accordance with legal and company requirements.
- Manage the consumable process of purchasing and storing in an efficient and in an effective manner.
- Gain/maintain technical and operational knowledge of your department to understand the capacity of different SKU and aid with best flow.
- In depth knowledge of warehouse KPIs and use these to produce weekly/monthly reports and business updates for Production Manager.
- Ensure open and transparent communications with other department managers to create positive flow of product to ensure on time despatch.
- Coach and lead using appropriate management style to engage and empower team; creating and developing targets aligned to business objectives and clear communication of priorities.
- Manage warehouse staff by co-ordinating recruitment, cross-training and training of new staff in line with HR policies and company procedures.
Knowledge of lean practices to identify and increase capacity and ensure and efficient utilisation of people process and equipment.
Knowledge, skills experience and attributes
- Previous experience in warehouse management procedures and best practises, stock control and executing a plan.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff in multiple areas.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with other dept heads to achieve common objectives.
- Manage direct reports. Ensuring clear expectation and measures of success.
- Energy, drive and innovation to lead and inspire to achieve outstanding results.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages and ERP system.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
- Confidence and ability to manage conflict.
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement methodology including lean, 5S and Kaizen.
- Coach and develop staff to ensure high performance and motivation.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 15 February 2019
Woven Textiles Designer – 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking to appoint a Designer to work with our established Design Team.
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. With generations of knowledge and experience, our talented people are the key to our continued success.
In this role you will liaise directly with our customers, many of whom are top luxury brands. You will produce designs to their specifications and create innovative design developments. You will be supported with an in-depth training schedule.
Domestic and occasional international travel will be required.
This role will suit a creative designer who:
- Has an eye for excellent design and a passion for woven design
- Has strong commercial and trend understanding
- Can create designs from customer briefs and in-house brands
Our ideal candidate will have the following technical skills/experience:
- CAD software experience with both dobby and jacquard designs
- Calculating cloth sett
- Working with current and developing new woven structures and cloth
A degree-level qualification in textile design, with at least 1 years’ experience working in a design studio is desirable, however graduates will also be considered.
Please note this position is a 1 year fixed term contract.
To apply for this position, you should submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 24th May 2019.