Alex Begg currently employ over 100 people in a wide variety of areas, such as Weaving, Mending, Warehouse, Finance, Marketing and Design. We have a great team who have generations of knowledge and experience, they truly are the key to our continued success. Our People live our values:
- Quality: We create products that are best in class. Quality is the foundation for everything we do.
- Passion: We have pride and believe in what we do. We strive to be the best.
- Craftsmanship: We use our insight, knowledge, skills and experience to create our products.
- Integrity: We act fairly, responsibly and with honesty in all that we do.
- Working Together: We build relationships for mutual long term benefit with customers, colleagues, suppliers, our community and our environment.
We are keen to hear from candidates with the attitude and energy that reflects our values. In return we can offer you a fulfilling career with a growing company that you can be proud to work for. Surrounded by a great team, we can share our experiences to develop your skills in premium textiles manufacturing.
Current vacancies are detailed below, to apply, please send a Job Application to firstname.lastname@example.org, unless you are informed otherwise on the advert. Please note that due to the high volume of applications received we are unable to respond to unsuccessful applications.
Click here to access the Job Application
- Current Vacancies
- Warehouse Manager
- Product & Process Engineer
- Key Account Manager
- Loom Technician/Overlooker
Loom Tuners & Other Experienced Textile Operatives
We are always happy to hear from people with experience in textiles who would be interested in finding out more about working with us. If you have strong experience in textiles then please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com, or call 01292 267 615 and ask to talk to HR
Purpose and objective of the role
To Lead a team of operators to oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-add activity & deliver quality product, on time to meet customer orders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning and executing work orders in your dept to meet customer demand, including shifts, creating and maintaining targets, continually reviewing results to learn and adjust capacity of department.
- Responsible for delivering product which meets customer specifications whilst continually reviewing to reduce non-value add activities throughout.
- Manage the complexity of low volume, high mix product ensuring customer labels and consumables are in house on time to meet customer demand.
- Managing stock & ensuring inventory accuracy is maintained with analysis of information and owning investigations when required.
- Responsible for ensuring safe and secure working environments and practices for department in accordance with legal and company requirements.
- Manage the consumable process of purchasing and storing in an efficient and in an effective manner.
- Gain/maintain technical and operational knowledge of your department to understand the capacity of different SKU and aid with best flow.
- In depth knowledge of warehouse KPIs and use these to produce weekly/monthly reports and business updates for Production Manager.
- Ensure open and transparent communications with other department managers to create positive flow of product to ensure on time despatch.
- Coach and lead using appropriate management style to engage and empower team; creating and developing targets aligned to business objectives and clear communication of priorities.
- Manage warehouse staff by co-ordinating recruitment, cross-training and training of new staff in line with HR policies and company procedures.
Knowledge of lean practices to identify and increase capacity and ensure and efficient utilisation of people process and equipment.
Knowledge, skills experience and attributes
- Previous experience in warehouse management procedures and best practises, stock control and executing a plan.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff in multiple areas.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with other dept heads to achieve common objectives.
- Manage direct reports. Ensuring clear expectation and measures of success.
- Energy, drive and innovation to lead and inspire to achieve outstanding results.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages and ERP system.
- Strong planning and organising skills.
- Confidence and ability to manage conflict.
- Knowledge and experience of continuous improvement methodology including lean, 5S and Kaizen.
- Coach and develop staff to ensure high performance and motivation.
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Product & Process Engineer
Alex Begg produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. We have a talented team who have generations of knowledge and experience, who are key to our continued success
About the Role
We are currently looking for a positive and enthusiastic Product & Process Engineer who will be a great addition to our team. You will be joining the team on a fixed term basis reporting to the Technical Director.
You will be responsible for reviewing, developing and maintaining robust product and process specifications for the beautiful products we manufacture.
A further key component of the role is managing the costing process to achieve and maintain an accurate ‘digital-twin’.
Key responsibilities include:
- Critically reviewing current practices in conjunction with appropriate technical & operational resource, reflecting resultant changes in process and system documentation.
- Perform selected work study analysis of key operations.
- Analysis of product and process variances, and providing guidance & assistance to department managers in root cause analysis & corrective actions.
- Manage build-up of costing from development through to approved product, accurately reflecting operational activity in product standard cost.
- Ongoing analysis of actual costs against standard, and reflecting necessary adjustment to standard costs.
- For all New Product Developments (NPD), manage cost forecasts & expectations from conception through to completed development.
- Support preparation for the installation of a replacement ERP system.
- Actively communicate with internal teams to ensure appropriate stakeholders are collaboratively involved in activities.
- Work to support safe working environments and practices for self and others.
Essential to this role:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- Well-developed influencing skills to gain information and ways of working from existing staff in all areas of the operation.
- Critical thinking.
- Numerate, with a strongly developed analytical ability.
- Strong excel/data manipulation skills.
You will enjoy being part of a fun, friendly environment where people enjoy working with each other, while working hard and having the desire to be the best they can be.
If you would like to apply for this position, then please submit a CV and covering letter to HR detailing why you are suitable for this role.
Closing Date: Friday 19 July 2019
Key Account Manager – Scotland based
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Key Account Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the ongoing growth and development of an established business collaboration. You will help to develop and implement a targeted growth plan, increasing business in current channels, and exploring other potential new avenues for opportunity.
Based at our weaving mill not far from Glasgow, you will travel regularly in order to manage the customer relationship with this leading global luxury fashion brand. You will oversee our luxury client’s bespoke woven accessories projects as they progress through each department from design, to production, and despatch.
As you will also work closely with our client’s various teams including design, sourcing and product development, an understanding of the design and product development process will be beneficial. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with those for whom English is a second language, is a must.
This role will suit someone who is:
- Proactive, energetic and driven
- Highly organised
- A creative thinker
- Positive about tackling problems
- Willing to collaborate openly, demonstrating good communication skills
- Able to influence and build rapport
Our ideal candidate:
- Has a sales track record
- Has a degree-level qualification
- Has previous experience in the fashion and textiles industry
- Has solid computer skills
- Non-essential, but preferred: Italian or French speaking
Based in Scotland, this full-time role involves travel to Milan and Paris, sometimes at short notice. Reporting to the Design and Sales Director.
If you would like to apply for this position, then please submit your CV and covering letter to HR along with a statement detailing why you are suitable for the role.
Closing date: 28th June 2019
Alex Begg a weaver and finisher of high quality cashmere accessories based on the south west coast of Scotland, produces luxurious cashmere scarves and throws for the Begg & Co brand as well as for some of the world’s most prestigious fashion houses. We have a talented team who have generations of knowledge and experience, who are key to our continued success.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced, highly motivated, well organised Loom Technician/Overlooker who will be a great addition to our team. This is an ideal opportunity for those with the necessary background to join this progressive and highly successful luxury textile manufacturer.
This is a permanent role so will suit someone who is forward thinking and looking for a long-term career at a company that values their employees. We would support relocation for the ideal candidate.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that looms run to efficiency for the fabric style being produced.
- Manage and maintain a share of looms and help where needed if needed on others.
- Set up looms ready for the weaving process.
- Ensure the general maintenance of the looms – in response to breakdowns and in line with the preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain all safety aspects of the looms i.e. all control buttons, safety guards.
- Document any repairs/adjustments carried out to looms on the work carried out/parts on each loom.
- Carry out routine inspections of all looms.
- Ensure that a high standard of housekeeping using 5S methodology is maintained within the weaving area.
Please send your CV, detailing previous experience, together with a covering letter stating why you consider yourself suitable for this position to email@example.com.
Closing date: Friday 2 August 2019